Hypolibidemia – a problem of the present times in the nutritional context
Hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD), hyposexuality, inhibited sexual desire (ISD) or hypolibidemia is an increasingly serious problem in today’s troubled times. In other words, this condition is called Hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD). It is one of the most commonly diagnosed sexual disorders. Severe, extreme form of hypolibidemia is relatively rare – periodic (transient) sexual coldness is much more often diagnosed.
This disease is characterized by a lack of interest in the sexual sphere and thus a partner, and a reduced level of demonstrated sexual activity compared to the previous period. The aforementioned symptoms significantly worsen the patient’s everyday comfort and thus lead to a deterioration of well-being, difficulties in partnerships, and even to the development of depression.
After diagnosis, the patient is offered therapy by a sexologist. Another method of treatment is dietary support and appropriate supplementation. Both of these methods complete the therapeutic process. The goal of individually selected nutritional therapy and supplementation for the patient is to provide the diet with stimulants in the sexual sphere, and thus – improving well-being and partner relations.
A diet that warms up a partner relationship should therefore include, among others:
- Cinnamon: The substances contained in cinnamon increase blood circulation, thus relieving fatigue and stimulating the senses. Cinnamon can be a great addition to a romantic dessert prepared for a partner.
- Vanilla Due to the presence of characteristic active substances, vanilla is a great stimulant of sexual appetite – positively influencing the hormonal balance. The smell itself definitely improves the mood, and this in turn also affects the sexual sphere.
- Chilli pepper: Due to the presence of a substance called capsaicin, the pepper definitely improves blood circulation and thus also increases the blood supply to the genitals and has a stimulating effect.
- Oysters: It is definitely a very good idea for a romantic dinner – oysters are, among others, an extremely rich source of zinc, as well as many valuable amino acids that improve libido.
- Pumpkin and its preserves: It is definitely worth including them in your daily menu, due to the high content of zinc, which positively affects the sexual desire.
- Brazil nuts: They are the undisputed king in terms of products with a high selenium content. Consuming products rich in selenium has a very positive effect on the hormonal balance and thus can help increase libido. In addition, these nuts are recommended for men struggling with erection dysfunction.