Dates for individual ultrasound examinations:
- Gynaecological ultrasound – a minimum of once a year, the best time to have the test is the first days after the end of menstrual bleeding,
- Breast ultrasound – should be performed during the first phase of your menstrual cycle, at least once a year,
- Pregnancy ultrasound (in accordance with the recommendations of PTG):
- First trimester ultrasound (so-called a genetic ultrasound) – between weeks 11 and 13+6 days of pregnancy. The test can be enriched with a full integrated test with individual assessment of the risk of giving birth to a child with a genetic defect.
- Second trimester ultrasound (so-called mid-pregnancy ultrasound) – between 18 and 22 weeks of pregnancy. During the examination the normal development of organs and internal structures of the foetus is shown.
- Third trimester ultrasound – between 28 and 32 weeks of pregnancy. The test is designed to assess the normal growth and development of the foetus.
- 3D/4D ultrasound – 3D/4D spatial imaging can be performed in two periods:
- If we want to visualize the entire foetus – to see foetal movements, gestures, behaviour in the womb the best time is between 18 and 28 weeks of pregnancy. Beyond 32 weeks of pregnancy, spatial imaging allows visualization of individual foetal body parts, e.g., facial features and facial expressions, grimaces, smiles, etc.