Dietetyk Sara Laskowska
The influence of vitamins on our health
Our body works like a complex „machine” in which many processes take place. For their proper course, many substances are necessary, among which are a number of vitamins:
- Vitamin A– it has a beneficial effect on eyesight, and also on the condition of the mucous membranes and skin (strengthens, makes it more resistant to microbial attack) and has a positive effect on the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- B vitamins– among the activities of vitamins from this group, we can distinguish, among others, a beneficial effect on the work of the nervous system. In addition, individual of them contribute to faster wound healing (vitamin B1), participate in the hematopoietic process (vitamin B9 and B12), and also in the synthesis of hormones (vitamins B6 and B9).
- Vitamin C– one of the most important tasks of this vitamin is to strengthen immunity, and this is due to the sealing of blood vessels.
- Vitamin D– it can be proud of its multidirectional action. Among the most important is primarily the beneficial effect on the condition of the bones. Vitamin D is also very important for the proper functioning of the nervous system (so it has a positive effect on the mood).
- Vitamin E-has a highly beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and mucous membranes, and is also called the „queen of fertility” among vitamins – thanks to its significant influence on the proper functioning of the reproductive system.
- Vitamin K– this vitamin significantly influences the blood coagulation process (it has anti-haemorrhagic properties) and also seals the blood vessels. Additionally, it has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
As we can see – vitamins are substances that are extremely important for the proper course of many processes in the body. That is why, in order to maintain well-being and health, we should take care of their adequate supply along with the daily diet.